Tuesday 29 March 2011

Inspiration...

Inspiration for a new design can come from almost anywhere, everywhere I look I see shapes...colours...form that I think could be construed as a jewellery design.  I try to take pictures when I have time but sometimes I dont think about it until afterwards.

Even things such as doing the garden (not my most enjoyable activity) can take on new forms.  Yesterday I decided to take advantage of the good weather and start the garden tidy up...on go my new fuschia pink gardening gloves and wellies and out I go.


When I was out digging I noticed these pretty flowers, I must pass them at least 4 or 5 times per day as I drive in but I never noticed them; quite sad really as they are so nice.  Its been so busy lately I've not had much time to look at anything!  Using this as further inspiration for my recent works I decided that it would be nice to incorporate this picture into some jewellery pieces I am making for Culross Gallery.